In countries where we act as a statutory regulator, certain additional obligations apply to both you and us.
Obligations typically include one or more of:
- additional qualification and experience requirements, above those required for a practising certificate;
- minimum continuing experience requirements;
- compliance with specific conduct of business rules;
- the need to hold specific certificates or licences from us in order to undertake regulated work; and
- additional fees.
- requirements to report to superior regulators and to demonstrate to them that regulation is effective;
- systems to check that members are qualified and eligible to undertake regulated work before issuing them with licences to do so;
- requirements to monitor members’ conduct and the standard of their regulated work; and
- taking regulatory action against members who don’t meet eligibility requirements, conduct of business rules or relevant quality standards, and imposing conditions on, or removing, their licences in order to restrict the work they do.